My post this week is going to be a little different. I am going to post about the Movie Message in a Bottle starring Kevin Costner. A friend and I were on a business trip and we decided on the one night we had free to go to the movies and we went to see what was billed as the romance movie of the season! Well it had Kevin Costner in it for a start which was good enough for us. We were really looking forward to a nice evening with a happily ever after ending that romance movies are supposed to have! I plucked down my $10 and bought my popcorn and drink and settled in for a good time. The movie was good until about the last ten minutes of the movie! Kevin Costner goes out on his boat and there is a sudden storm and he rescues this family but dies during the rescue! The ending made me so MAD!! I was absolutely furious over that ending I stayed in the theater all the while they were doing the credits thinking there was going to be some surprise and he wasn’t going to be dead – there would have been some mistake but no!! They had him die in the movie. It has been probably 20 years and I am still furious about this movie!! A romance is supposed to have a happy ending or it shouldn’t be billed as a romance!
This week’s prompt is – Message in a Bottle
- If you were to physically write or virtually write a message to place into a bottle what would you write?
- Do you live by the sea and are able to potentially throw into the Ocean? Or perhaps a river
- Do you feel strongly that you would not “litter” in this way – in which case you may complete the task virtually
- What would you like to happen with the message?
- Do you hope it is picked up somewhere, miles from home?
- Are you going to create a secret email account in case it is picked up and someone emails you
- Or would you like to write an anonymous note to someone that you know
- Or write a message to a deceased loved one?
The Book of Me, Written by YouBy Julie Goucher 2012 – Anglers Rest Blog – http://www.anglersrest.net
The Book of Me is a themed event enabling you to build a “Book of Me” over at least the coming year to share with your descendants, in reality this project can be as long
or as short as you want it to be.
So much of our time is researching our ancestors, but how much of the incidentals of our lives do we share, or know about our parents, grandparents, siblings and the
people that matter to us?
It is these incidental snippets that enable us to “flesh out” our ancestors and what more of a legacy could we present to our descendants or future researchers?
Over the coming weeks there will be a weekly prompt enabling you to share those details and perhaps include details of things that you know of your parents, Grandparents, siblings etc
This is not just about genealogy or family history. It is about a personal journey; a journey of rediscovery of yourself and perhaps your loved ones through your eyes.